Intentional tort claims are pursued when someone has wronged you purposefully. These claims ranges from assault and unwanted physical contact to fraud and defamation. In some cases, the individual that harmed you can be charged under the Criminal Code.
Unintentional tort claims are those wherein an individual neglected their duty of care. When someone fails to uphold their duty to ensure your safety to the best of their ability, they’re guilty of negligence and you’re entitled to compensation for that neglect.
Under Tort Law, you have the right to sue the party responsible for several injuries or damages, including:
- General damages for pain and suffering
- Past and future income loss
- Loss of competitive advantage in the marketplace
- Future medical and rehabilitation expenses
- Housekeeping and home maintenance services
- Special damages which include out-of-pocket expenses
- Claims by family members
If you’re the victim of someone’s intentional or neglectful acts, a tort claim can help you get the recompense you deserve for your pain and distress. But don’t delay. In most cases, you only have 2 years to file your claim. Vishal Sharma will help you expedite your tort claim starting today.